Thursday, December 13, 2012

Here We Go Again

I gave my notice at work last week; my last day in the current round of gainful employment will be January 15.  E has finished phase...2?  or 3?  of...5 phases of PhD work?  I have no idea how this should be measured; all I know is that we're headed into the phases with the least structure and no clear time constraints, namely fieldwork and, eventually, writing.

So in mid-January we're off to Jordan, making a major move for the first time in three and a half years.  It's a record for us to have stayed this long in any one place, although it should be noted that we've lived in three different apartments while we've been here. 

I have a mere 16 work days ahead of me, since we're heading to Portland for a few days over Christmas (hooray!)  So how does all of this selling/storing/packing/traveling stuff work again?

No comments: