Sunday, November 28, 2010

the tally

in this four-day weekend, i have:

1. made some decent food, without a lot of time spent in the kitchen
2. won best-of-three Parcheesi (this is definitely a first)
3. tracked down some materials to help me study for the MSW licensing exam
4. won best-of-three badminton (also a first)
5. listened to a lot of The Smiths, Mazzy Star, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, The Cure, and the like
6. run a 10-minute mile (not impressive for anyone who's halfway athletic, but for me, it's off the charts)
7. NOT thought about work
8. seen Karate Kid for the first time 





1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Heya, I clicked on your link on Rachel's blog--lucky Rachie in Uganda. Your weekend sounds as if it was lovely--I couldn't help but being a bit of a spectator, especially since your days included watching Karate Kid for the first time AND playing badmitton--which made my mind spin since it's freezing here and our sad net hasn't seen action in many months. I've got take-out to reheat tonight after my girls go to bed so I kind of wanted to eat your good food off the screen. Anyway, enough from a total stranger. Fun blog!